Seems like a lot of people are turning 50 this year! This is what I'll call my "20 hour" card (lol). I started out making this all purple, had it all ready to put together and thought it was too much purple so decided to add red. When putting on the accents, first I started with balloons, didn't like the way they looked and switched to the cupcakes. Whew!
The card base is purple, topped with a striped purple pattern. I cut out the squares using regular and scalloped nestabilities. I used the Cricut to cut the 50 and the cupcakes - I really should use that machine more often! The "happy birthday" is a sizzix die. I sprinkled some Martha Stewart tinsel glitter on the cupcakes and added a few jewels to the first panel to jazz it up.

This was worth the 20 hours spent making it!!! I love this card!!! Great job girl!!
ReplyDelete