Another week has gone by quickly and it's time for a new challenge! This week Lexi Daly shows us how to create cards inspired by a color wheel. You can watch the video here Make It Monday #314: Color Wheel Cards and play along.
I really liked the colors Lexi used for her card and decided to use the same for mine. I didn't have the Shape Shifters Circle and created something similar by using Cover Plate: Twist. I die-cut it in white cardstock and used the Scene It: Basic Backer to create the circle. I adhered it to a piece of True Black cardstock, die-cut with the same die.
Next, I pulled out flowers from a few different sets, die-cut them in white cardstock and stamped them with a variety of inks. I placed the large black/white circle on a white cardstock card base and added the center circle on foam tape with the sentiment stamped in black ink. I arranged the stamped flowers around the circle until I was happy with the way they looked.
I didn't like seeing so much white background and made two score lines at the bottom to break things up a bit. I was much happier with the way it looked with the lines.😊
Here's a better/closer look at the lines:
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Gran's Garden, Color Pop Florals, Sketched Shapes, Rosie Posie, Rosie Posie 2
- Paper: PTI White Stampers Select, True Black
- Ink: PTI Amethyst Allure, Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold, Bright Buttercup, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Green Parakeet, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal; Memento Lulu Lavender; Versafine Onyx Black
- Dies: PTI Gran's Garden, Color Pop Florals, Rosie Posie, Cover Plate: Twist, Scene It: Basic Backer, Limitless Layers: Circles
- Other: PTI Color Pop Florals Stencil; Foam Tape; Scor-Pal
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"



Simply beautiful...love your sweet card!
ReplyDeletegreat take on the challenge! i love how you used the cover plate and scene it dies to create your circle element. thanks for playing make it monday!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty Lainey! Love the pretty florals! Great take on the challenge!
ReplyDeleteSo pretty Lainey~love those flowers!
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful, Lainey! I love your variety of florals, use of the cover plate and your score lines seal the deal.
ReplyDeleteAnother clever idea on your part, Lainey, using the cover plate and basic backer for your black/white backdrop for your colorful flowers! Laurie W would be so proud if your score lines. 😉
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, Lainey. Love the cover plate and those gorgeous Gran's Garden blooms~so so pretty!
ReplyDelete