Friday, March 23, 2018

Embossing Enamel Splatters (MIM #315)...


Time for another challenge! This week Melissa Phillips is the host and shows us how to add dimension to our projects with embossing enamel. You can watch the video here ↪ Make It Monday #315: Embossing Enamel Splatters. I don't have embossing enamel, but the challenge said we could use embossing powder, which I have plenty! Now I have to find some embossing enamel!😉

I'm still loving Gran's Garden and used that for my card. I die-cut the flowers and leaves in white cardstock and stamped them with Summer Sky, Blueberry Sky and Spring Moss inks. I used a Copic marker to give the leaves the darker green.

On a panel of white cardstock, I stamped the "splatters" using Versamark ink and a stamp from Tinsel & Tags Sprigs. I used white embossing powder and heat seat the splatters. Next, I took Summer Sky ink and rubbed it over the top of the panel, wiping off the excess ink. The sentiment is stamped in black ink.

I arranged the flowers/leaves on the card, placing the large flower on foam tape for dimension. The panel is on a Blueberry Sky cardstock card base.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Gran's Garden, Beautiful Butterflies, Tinsel & Tags Sprigs
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Blueberry Sky
  • Ink:  PTI Blueberry Sky, Spring Moss; Memento Summer Sky; Versafine Onyx Black; Versamark
  • Dies:  PTI Gran's Garden
  • Copics: YG93
  • Tools: Heat Tool
  • Other:  Recollections Embossing Powder; Foam Tape
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

5 comments:

  1. Every time I see a card with this beautiful set, I always wonder why I don't play with it more! A lovely Anniversary card, Lainey, with pleasing colours and a petty layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm ... I hope you realize I mis-spelled "pretty" in my comment ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet card! I love the embossing splatters on your background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful, Lainey! Wish you were here & I'd share my enamels--big bottles & I seldom use them. Glad we had this challenge--they really do give a beautiful effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card! I love the flowers from Gran's Garden and especially now that I've seen them stamped in blue. Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!