This week's challenge looked like a lot of fun to do and it was! Lexi Daly is the host and shows us how to "create die cut word art inspired by street art". You can watch her informative video here ⇨ Make It Monday #319: Graffiti Word Art. I wasn't sure what I was going to do for this because I don't have many large word die-cuts and hoped a smaller word would work. And it did!
I started by die-cutting the word "celebrate" in white cardstock and rubbed on Hawaiian Shores, Lemon Tart and Green Parakeet inks - I just love this color combo! I stamped Versamark ink on top of the word, embossed it with clear embossing powder and rubbed Hawaiian Shores ink over top. I didn't get a sharp "shadow look" from doing that so I die-cut "celebrate" again in True Black cardstock and backed the word with it, slightly offset to give it a shadowed look. Much better!
On a piece of white cardstock with a stencil, I stenciled splatters for the background in the same colors, stamping the sentiment on an angle in black ink. As I was thinking about this artwork being on a wall, I remembered I had a brick wall stencil I could use!
I wanted to add some additional splatters and mixed Black Soot ink with a bit of water and flicked the splatters with a paintbrush. The panel is on a Tropcial Teal cardstock card base. I'm so happy with the way this one turned out - doesn't it look like it could really be street art on a wall?
Card Details:
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Good Times, Ways To Say: Birthday
- Paper: PTI Tropical Teal, White Stampers Select; True Black
- Ink: PTI Hawaiian Shores, Lemon Tart, Green Parakeet; Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress; Versafine Onyx Black; Versamark
- Dies: PTI Good Times
- Tools: Heat Tool
- Other: Tim Holtz Brick Wall Embossing Folder; Tim Holtz Spatters Stencil; Embossing Powder
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


LOVE THIS! I LOOOVE the embossing you used with this too & the splatters! ;) SUPER JOB!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat minds think alike, Lainey, as we used the same message only different die-cuts. I, too, love your color combo. The splatters in the brick wall truly do make it look like wall art “graffiti” style. Great job!
ReplyDeleteThis turned out FABULOUS Lainey and I love the colors you used too! I really like the stencil you used too for the splatters!! Great graffiti card!! :0)
ReplyDeletethis is so cool - every detail is perfect and i love the color scheme! i was wishing i had a brick wall stencil or embossing folder, but settled for a brick wall photo backdrop lol! thanks for playing make it monday!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the heads up Lainey! ;) (((HUGS!)))
ReplyDelete