Monday, July 26, 2010

Larkspurs Belated Birthday

This is my favorite time of month when I get to use my new PTI stamps!  I'm embarrassed to admit I forgot my friend's birthday last week so made her this "belated" card.  This is a new stamp set called Year of Flowers:  Larkspurs.  I used Plum Pudding for the card base and topped it with Kraft.  I stamped the flower image and used a q-tip technique I learned from Nichole on PTI.  This was fun to make and I thought I'd post the entire step by step process. 


Step 1:  I stamped the image and colored the stems/leaves with Copic colors YG93 and YG95.


Step 2:  Using a q-tip, I rubbed a light purple (VersaMagic Spring Pansy) ink over the flowers.


Step 3:  Next,  I rubbed a darker purple (Brilliance Pearlescent Purple) ink on top of the lighter purple.


Step 4:  I outlined the entire image with white (Brilliance Moonlight White) ink and then smudged all of the colors together to give it a softer look.


Step 5:  I put clear glitter on the edges of the flowers and added a sheer purple ribbon. 

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the step by step. love the coloring, shading and all. great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!