Tuesday, September 6, 2016

From Black & White To Color (MIM #260)...


I can't believe it's Monday again and time for another challenge! This week Danielle Flanders shows us how to do black and white stamping with a pop of color. You can watch her work her magic in this video - Make It Monday #260: From Black & White To Color. 

Harvest Berries doesn't owe me a thing, I certainly have used this set many, many times over the years! I die-cut the stitched oval in the center of a piece of A2 size white cardstock. Keeping the die-cut in the panel and using black ink, I stamped the sentiment and the leaves around it. I used Danielle's idea and heat embossed everything with clear embossing powder. Boy, did it make it the ink super black! lol

I used Copic markers on the larger leaves to do some partial coloring in oranges and greens. The one cluster of small leaves is solid black. All of the leaves are outlined with a warm grey color. I popped up the oval on fun foam and placed the entire panel on a white cardstock card base with a thin strip of orange striped paper on the right side.

To finish things, I tied white crochet thread around the top. It was really hard to get a good picture of this card but hopefully you get the idea...it's much prettier in person, especially with the black embossing!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Harvest Berries, Choose Joy
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Orange Zest Stripes
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Copics: YG93, YG95, YR15, YR18, W1
  • Dies:  PTI Noted: Scalloped A2 Note Collection
  • Tools:  Heat Tool
  • Other:  PTI Filigree Powder; Crochet Thread; Fun Foam
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

13 comments:

  1. Great choice on using Harvest Berries - it looks lovely with this technique and you did an amazing job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful image.. so versatile. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...this is SO pretty Lainey! Love how you die cut the center and popped it up...very nice dimensional touch to this gorgeous Fall like card! Love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its beautiful Lainey! Nice job with this fun technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lainey, your gorgeous fall Harvest Berries stamps really pop against the black and white! The oval is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I would have never thought to use the Harvest Berries set for this technique, but it is really lovely. The design & colors are really striking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Lainey! Gorgeous harvest berries...and soon those colors will be in my neighbors yard as she has about 12 of these trees.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is gorgeous! I love your wonderful take on the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely sentiment and beautiful design on your fabulous card, Lainey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very pretty Lainey! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Harvest Berries will always be a favorite of mine, too, Lainey. Love what you did with the coloring and embossing before popping up that sweet sentiment. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!