Sunday, March 12, 2017

Day 11: PTI Release Day 2...


Today is the second day of PTI's March release and there are already a couple of things that caught my eye. But, I need to wait until the full reveal before I can decide what I want to buy.

The challenge: "Create a new project that incorporates multiples of a single shape, stamped or die-cut."

As soon as I saw "multiples", I knew I was going to use Cover Plate: Hearts to make a few quick Mother's Day cards. Using the Cover Plate, I die-cut the hearts in Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst and Lovely Lady cardstock. I used the negative of the die to perfectly line up the hearts on white cardstock, placing each one on foam tape. I stamped the sentiment in black ink.

I placed a layer of Hibiscus Burst leaves pattern paper on a white cardstock card base and adhered the heart panel on top. I have to keep using my HUGE stash of patterned paper! 😎 To finish the card, I tied a scalloped ribbon around it.


I also wanted to make a less feminine card for the boys to give mom and made the same card style using Tropical Teal, Hawaiian Shores and Aqua Mist cardstock for the hearts. I placed it on Hawaiian Shores leaves pattern paper and tied regular white ribbon around it.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Fillable Frames #4
  • Paper:  PTI Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst, Lovely Lady, Hibiscus Burst Leaves, Tropical Teal, Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores Leaves
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Dies:  PTI Cover Plate: Hearts
  • Other:  Foam Tape; Ribbon
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

4 comments:

  1. Love your color choices on both cards. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just lovely in both colour schemes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect Mother's Day cards, Lainey! Can't go wrong with colorful hearts and beautiful ribbon. The patterned paper looks awesome also.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!