Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Papertrey April 2018 Blog Hop...


Can the months be going by any faster? Hard to believe it's almost the end of April and time for another Blog Hop challenge. This month's inspiration photo had a lot of colors to choose from, but right now I'm stuck in a Hawaiian Shores/Tropical Teal mode and those are the colors that jumped out to me.


I wanted to make a quick, clean and simple card for a change. On white cardstock, I randomly stamped the mums in Hawaiian Shores and Tropical Teal inks, adding a few small leaves in Spring Moss ink. The sentiment is stamped in black ink.

That's it! Wow, this sure was a short post for me!😎 I'm playing around with the "flat lay" photography tips that Lexi Daly shared with us. I need to practice a bit more, specifically how to take more of a close up. I used my iPad camera for this - boy this camera takes nicer pictures than my actual camera!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Mum's The Word
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  PTI Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, Spring Moss; Versafine Onyx Black
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

16 comments:

  1. Love this stamp in aquas, Lainey! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my absolute favorite stamp set Lainey and just perfect in this color combo! Great photography too! Lexi did a great job and I've been trying to follow it too!! Have fun hopping!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors and stamping! Your photography looks terrific too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY PRETTY! LOVE that color blue you used! ;) AND OH YES, you are following Lexi's guidelines! SUPER PHOTOGRAPHY! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aqua and turquoise are my favorite colors....how pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful background you created! love the stamps and colors you used - beautiful photo of your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely card, Lainey! The flower stamp and those colors mix together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet...just love your wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clean and simple, one-layer design, Lainey! I’ve made some similar to this but not monochromatic. Can’t wait to play with that concept...love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! Love your design and the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card. I was really drawn to the blues in the inspiration photo and you did an amazing job highlighting them. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you decided to focus on the blues and greens! So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, and I love how you styled your photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!