Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Simple Stitched Stems (MIM #318)...


Another week has gone by and it's time for a new challenge. This week Michelle Leone is host and shows us how to create stems with stitching. You can watch the video here ↠ Make It Monday #318: Simple Stitched Stems. It really is an easy way to add a little texture to your project. After pulling out my embroidery thread it reminded me of how much I miss doing cross-stitch and crewel work!

Michelle's card looked so cute with Tag Sale: Quilted that I decided to use the same die and die-cut it in white cardstock. I stamped the flowers in Berry Sorbet and Pure Poppy with Lemon Tart centers. I added the dotted centers and sentiment with black ink.

I didn't want to use green for the stems and opted for a light grey, done with backstitches. I added the leaves, placed on foam tape in Soft Stone cardstock. The entire die is on fun foam for dimension. I placed it on a white cardstock card base covered with a piece of Berry Sorbet polka dots. My final step was adding grey and white twine through the top.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Mixed Bouquet, Winter Hills, Reasons To Smile
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Soft Stone, Berry Sorbet Bitty Dots
  • Ink:  PTI Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Lemon Tart; Versafine Onyx Black
  • Dies:  PTI Tag Sale: Quilted
  • Other:  DMC Floss #762; Foam Tape; Fun Foam; Stone Twine
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. Your flowers are adorable as are the stitched stems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card, Lainey! Love the grey and Berry Sorbet together. Also love your non-traditional stitched stem/leaf color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I really like the gray leaves and stems!! Great colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Lainey! I love the simpleness of this card and the gray stitching and leaves is just perfect to go along with the bright blooms! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea to use grey instead of green. Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lainey, love your Bitty dots background with your beautiful flowers and Soft Stone leaves! This little bit of stitching also reminded me of my old cross-stitching days. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card. I really like your color choices, the pink color really pops & the gray stems & leaves are a fabulous combo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color combination; a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your color choices! Those flowers really pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!