Thursday, May 10, 2018

Masking Sentiments (MIM Throwback #221)...


This week's challenge Make It Monday Throwback: Masking Sentiments is hosted by Ashley Cannon Newell. This technique is one we've seen before, but I always like to be reminded so I'll use something different on my projects!

I started with a piece of white cardstock and placed my heart mask about 1/3 from the top. Next, I stamped Gran's Garden flowers in Raspberry Fizz and Pure Poppy inks with black centers. I added the leaves in Spring Moss ink. Don't you just love this set? It sure makes such a beautiful background. 

Before I removed the mask, I traced a black line around it so it would stand out. Thanks Ashley for that tip! I stamped the sentiment in black ink.

I added the dot thingies in Raspberry Fizz ink (stamped off once) to add some more color. Since I'll be hand delivering this I added a seam binding bow.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Gran's Garden, Keep It Simple: Mother
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  PTI Raspberry Fizz, Pure Poppy, Spring Moss; Versafine Onyx Black
  • Other:  White Chalk Seam Binding; Thin Black Marker
  • Size:  5.0" x 7.0"

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lainey...this turned out BEAUTIFUL! Those flowers do make a lovely background (now why did I never think of that?!!) and I just love how you used a heart shape mask for your sentiment! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!