It's time for another challenge! This week Laurie Schmidlin shows us how to create a shadow effect on cards by using outline stamps and light colored ink. You can see her informative video here → Make It Monday #328: Creating Shadow Backgrounds. Every time I need to use an outline stamp, it reminds me I don't have that many outline images! I looked through my stamps and decided to use the car from Enjoy The Ride.
I started by stamping the car outline in Soft Stone ink on white cardstock. I die-cut the car in white cardstock, stamped the outline in black and the solid portion in Tropical Teal ink. I added some additional coloring with Copic markers. I stamped the sentiment (birthday boy) on the main license plate and also on the background cars.
The car is popped up on foam tape. I placed the panel on a Tropical Teal cardstock card base with three edges showing. This is for a friend who complains about his awful commute....doesn't it look like a car in the middle of a lot of traffic?😎
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Enjoy The Ride
- Paper: PTI Tropical Teal, White Stampers Select
- Ink: PTI Tropical Teal, Soft Stone; Memento Tuxedo Black
- Copics: T1, 100
- Dies: PTI Enjoy The Ride
- Other: Foam Tape
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


This is perfect Lainey! Love the car and it’s a great masculine card...something that is lacking in my card stash.
ReplyDeleteA perfect masculine card Lainey and I love it!! And it really does look like the car is in the middle of a traffic jam! Cute, CUTE card!! :0)
ReplyDeleteSo cute and fun! Love the punch buggy!
ReplyDeleteLove this, Lainey! It's just the perfect 'guy' card and I love how the teal colored bug stands out in your traffic jam~so cute!;-)
ReplyDeleteMade me smile! This is such a cute set.
ReplyDeleteI love your sense of humor creating a traffic jam card, Lainey! What a cute beetle! your stamping birthday boy on all the license plates is a nice touch too.
ReplyDeleteLove how thought-filled this card is from your stamp choice to the three-sided border. This is the perfect horrid commute birthday card.
ReplyDelete