Friday, July 20, 2018

Creating Stencils From Die Cuts (MIM #329)...


Well, we are halfway through July which is good news because it's getting closer to Fall. I can't stand this constant hot and humid weather we've been having - I don't feel like doing a thing! So I forced myself to go into the craft room and make a card to participate in this week's challenge → Make It Monday #329: Creating Stencils From Die Cuts hosted by Melissa Phillips. Melissa shows us another way to use dies by using the negative as a stencil.

I started by using the die-cut from Cover Plate: Twist and stenciled it on white cardstock with Hibiscus Burst ink. I die-cut the stenciled panel with one of the dies from Mix & Mat: Snowflakes and placed it on fun foam, onto a white cardstock card base covered with a piece of Hawaiian Shores bitty dots pattern paper.

The flowers and leaves are die-cut from Gran's Garden and stamped in Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores and Green Parakeet inks. The flower centers are stamped in black ink. I placed the main flower on foam tape for dimension.

The banner is stamped in black ink - I decided to go crazy (must be the heat getting to me 😎) and placed it on an angle instead of straight. My final step was tying crochet thread around the top.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Gran's Garden, Keep It Simple: Birthday
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Hawaiian Shores Bitty Dots
  • Ink:  PTI Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores, Green Parakeet; Versafine Onyx Black
  • Dies:  PTI Gran's Garden, Mix & Mat: Snowflakes
  • Other:  Foam Tape, Fun Foam, Crochet Thread
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

10 comments:

  1. The heat may be making you crazy Lainey, (love the banner on an angle!!), but it hasn't affected your creativity as this card is GORGEOUS!! I love your stenciled background and your flowers are just as pretty as can be! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! Your colors are so pretty and I love the stenciled background and those gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lainey, I think you knocked this one out of the park! What a beautiful card. Love the colors, the banner - YES! on the angle, and those sweet scallops and polka dots. And of course, the soft stenciled background.
    I'm with you about the heat - I had to MAKE myself make my card too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aahh, very pretty Lainey! Really love your colors and your soft pink stenciled BG is perfect for your Gran’s Garden forals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVELY!!!! You did such a WONDERFUL JOB on this! LOVE the colors you've chosen too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. STUNNING card for this week's challenge, Lainey! Your choice of using the Cover Plate: Twist is brilliant and looks absolutely perfect behind those gorgeous flower diecuts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Squeal! this is so stinking cute! Fantastic color combo and stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lainey, this is so pretty with your angled sentiment and stenciled ‘twist” and great color palette.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!