Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Papertrey July 2018 Blog Hop...


I'm still suffering from the hot weather and that means my lack of ambition continues😒. This month's Blog Hop photo didn't do much for me so I struggled to come up with an idea. I only have one set of fish stamps, and of course I'm now wishing I bought the flora and fauna stamp sets PTI released last month! Oh well, I'll get them later.

Looking at the inspiration photo made me think of a fish traffic jam! lol All those fish trying to get somewhere and bumping into each other, just like cars on the road. I came up with this quick, clean and simple card.


I started with a piece of Spring Rain cardstock and added a section of white cardstock for the sand at the bottom. I stamped a few leafy thingies and starfish along with the sentiment.

Lots of blue in the photo so I stamped the fish in Enchanted Evening and Blueberry Sky, adding a few in Fresh Snow and Berry Sorbet inks. The bubbles are stamped in Spring Rain ink.

I'm not crazy about this card but at least I made something to enter the contest! Oh, it's just 5 months until Christmas! Think cold weather and snow. 👍

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Keep Swimming, Day At The Beach, Lilies Of The Field
  • Paper:  PTI Spring Rain, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  PTI Enchanted Evening, Blueberry Sky, Spring Rain, Berry Sorbet, Fresh Snow
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"
_____________________________________________________________________________________

⭐⭐ 
Wow, I was a winner of a $25 Gift Certificate! Thank you PTI!! ⭐⭐

7/26/18 - From the Papertrey Ink Blog:

15 comments:

  1. Doesn't look like a lack of mojo to me Lainey...this card is wonderful!! LOVE all the fish and bubbles in the background and the sentiment is just perfect! Well done!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's lovely, Lainey. Your fish highway is really busy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun card. Your traffic jam concept made me smile!
    I hope you get some relief from the heat soon, although I don't see any 'lack of ambition' here, Lainey

    ReplyDelete
  4. THis is a perfect take on the inspiration photo- I train my brain with lumosity this reminds me of one of the challenges on there. This came out great I love how you have the fish going in different directions. The design is very interesting- It makes me happy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fish traffic jam Lainey - so organized and well placed! Great sentiment (the opposite of what you are feeling right now I guess!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaahh, this is perfect Lainey! And so much easier to look at than the
    inspiration photo...I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect take on the inspiration photo! Love what you’ve done, and I agree on the “fish traffic jam” look of the photo! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lainey, your card is awesome. You captured the photo PERFECTLY. It is an amazing card. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful scene design! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute & wonderfully designed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fish traffic jam, ha~ how cute! Made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one fabulous and fun card....just too darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lainey, you struggling for an idea was definitely worth the outcome because your Fish traffic jam is SO cute and clever. I had to build off the color scheme. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great little underwater scene - wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is great! Fab card for all ages.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!