Well, leave it to Betsy Veldman to really stump me with this week's challenge - Make It Monday #261: Using Florals on a Masculine Project. Sometimes it's hard enough to make a masculine card, let alone add florals to it! Isn't there some unwritten craft law that glitter, ribbon and flowers are a no-no on masculine cards? lol
My Color Pop Autumn kit has been sitting on my craft table unused for too long and I thought it would be perfect for this challenge. I hope that the berries count as a floral for this challenge!
I started with a piece of white cardstock and added a strip of woodgrain paper down the left side and a strip of Enchanted Evening cardstock. The leaves, berries and acorns are die-cut in white cardstock and colored using the stencils in the kit. I really like the variety of bright colors I used on this! And this kit is so much fun, well, all of the "Color Pop" kits are fun to use!
The two larger leaves are die-cut three times and stacked together as well as the banner, which is die-cut in Kraft cardstock with the sentiment stamped in Enchanted Evening ink. My last minute addition was adding the jute. I'm so happy with the way this one turned out and what a perfect card to post on the first day of Fall!
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Color Pop: Autumn Make It Market Mini Kit
- Paper: PTI White Stampers Select, Kraft, Enchanted Evening; Amuse Woodgrain
- Ink: PTI Enchanted Evening, Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado, Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy, Scarlet Jewel, Stormy Sea, Ocean Tides, Kraft, Dark Chocolate; Memento Nautical Blue, Morocco
- Dies: PTI Color Pop: Autumn Make It Market Mini Kit
- Other: Jute
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


I love this, especially the colors.
ReplyDeleteFabulous choice of stamps/stencils for this masculine card. I love how it looks like a swirl of fall images.
ReplyDeleteI have trouble with Masculine cards too, but it's obvious by your card, Lainey, that you have no issue with them! Your colours are perfect and since leaves are Fall "flowers", I think you've got all the bases covered!
ReplyDeleteI think most of us struggle with guy cards, but this one fits the bill in my mind! I love all your bold, bright colors and what a perfect set to use Lainey! Fabulous card!! :0)
ReplyDeleteI think this is a great masculine card. Like the blue berries and the strip against that woodgrain paper.
ReplyDeleteGreat color choices, Lainey, and I love your falling leaves and berries. Your woodgrain strip and Enchanted Evening strip definitely qualify as masculine with this beauty.
ReplyDeleteLove the colors & use of the woodgrain--great card!
ReplyDelete