Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Papertrey January 2017 Blog Hop Challenge...


The picture Nichole chose for this month's Blog Hop has lots of inspiration - and as soon as I saw it, I knew I was going to use my Cover Plate: Horizontal Stripes to try and mimic the striped cookie in the picture.  Aren't these cookies just gorgeous and almost too pretty to eat!


I started by running my Cover Plate through the Cuttlebug with True Black cardstock and did the same with white cardstock to create my black and white stripes. Next, I took a lined stamp from Just The Ticket and stamped the pink vertical double line to match the cookie.

Using Mini Blooms, I die-cut a bunch of flowers and leaves in white cardstock and stamped them in Lovely Lady, Hibiscus Burst and Spring Moss inks, adding the center dots with black ink. I arranged them in a cluster, placing the smaller flowers on foam tape for dimension.

Love is die-cut in Hibiscus Burst cardstock three times and stacked together. I just love the font on this die! To finish things, I added glitter to the flowers.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Mini Blooms, Reasons To Smile, Just The Ticket
  • Paper:  PTI True Black, White Stampers Select, Hibiscus Burst
  • Ink:  PTI Lovely Lady, Hibiscus Burst, Spring Moss; Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Dies:  PTI Cover Plate: Horizontal Stripes, Mini Blooms, Inspired: Love
  • Other:  Glitter; Foam Tape
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

27 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty I just love those mini blooms and I may need to get the love die after seeing your awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the cover plate for your background and so lovely to focus on the pinks - a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used the same stamp set! I love your stripes and those pretty pink flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful take on one of the cookies...love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lainey, this is beautiful! That cookie with the pink stripes stood out for me too. You did a lovely case, and your card is striking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, thoe cluster of miniblooms is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is SO pretty. The cover plate is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh....Amazing..speechless
    I nearly make the same card like yours
    love your straight and lovely crisp black and white behind the adorable flower and LOVE sentiment
    Perfect interpretation
    see you on my Blog hop card...this is my first time to joining yay I am so excited :)
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super stunning card Lainey! Love how you made it to look like the bottom cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! I love that pink stripe down the side; what a great interpretation of the inspiration piece.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love all the pink and black on your card! Great job on putting it together just right!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lainey, you nailed this one with your striped background (and detailed lines) with those mini blooms and Love die-cut. Great take on the challenge! Only think I dislike about hopping is the enabling that goes with it. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card for the Blog Hop Challenge, Lainey. Your lovely cluster of flowers and use of the Horizontal Stripes Cover Plate are perfect matches to the inspirational photo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a beautiful card and a wonderful interpretation of the challenge photo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Lainey...this turned out SOOO pretty! Absolutely LOVE your striped background and your little mini bloom flowers are just lovely! CAS perfection!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is lovely, Lainey. I wonder how many people took note of the pink stripe down the side. That was a wonderful touch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh so pretty! I was tempted to do the same but decided to go a different direction!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your bouquet of flowers is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow--love your bouquet of flowers! One of the prettiest cards in the hop! Thinking I need the Mini Blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wanted to do some ruled paper with a red margin, just like you, and ran out of time! My favourite cookie, one of my favourite cards in the gallery. Perfect, Lainey!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card! And your layers of flowers are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This came out beautifully! You have captured it all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!