Saturday, January 14, 2017

You Bake Me Happy...

When MFT released their Kitschy Kitchen kit, I knew I had to have it! So many fun things - bowls, plates, canisters, utensils. The perfect set for someone who cooks and bakes!

To start things off, on white cardstock I stenciled the brick wall for the background with Soft Stone ink. I die-cut the Comic Strip Cover Plate and placed it on top, creating "shelves" for my kitchen items.

I die-cut the bowl, plate, canisters, oven mitt and utensils, stamped them with ink and placed them on the shelves. I stamped "flour", "sugar" and "coffee" in black ink and placed the sugar canister and plate on foam tape for dimension. I wanted the mitt and utensils to look like they're hanging on the wall, so they are slightly above the "shelf".

For the sentiment, I stamped "you bake me happy" on Lemon Tart cardstock and cut the pieces apart, placing them on foam tape, slightly staggered in the last box.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  MFT Kitschy Kitchen Kit
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Lemon Tart
  • Ink:  PTI Hawaiian Shores, Green Parakeet, Soft Stone, Lemon Tart; MFT Tropical Teal, Orange Fizz, Ripe Raspberry, Summer Splash; Versafine Onyx Black
  • Dies:  PTI Comic Strip Cover Plate; MFT Kitschy Kitchen
  • Tools: MFT English Brick Wall Stencil
  • Other:  Foam Tape
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

3 comments:

  1. The "recipe" for this card is so "tasty", Lainey - the soft stone BG stenciling is the perfect backdrop for all your colourful baking supplies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That set is perfect for you. Glad you got it! I love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card and this stamp set! Creating the brick wall behind the elements is genius.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!