Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Day 13: PTI Release Day 4...


Today we're having a major snowstorm and supposed to get 8-15" of wet snow. I can't complain too much since we really didn't have much snow or cold weather this season and it is pretty to look at. And Spring is right around the corner, right??

The challenge: "Create and decorate a bird house using the provided template."

Nichole provided the birdhouse template (⬅ click here) that she first made back in 2009. I wanted my birdhouse to be Spring-like in color and decided to use Lilac Grace cardstock. I traced the template onto the cardstock and cut it out. For a little designer flare, I used Guide Lines pattern paper for the sides of the house and around the opening.

For the roof I used Plum Pudding cardstock and die-cut it with a scalloped rectangle nestability.  I embossed it with a checkerboard embossing folder to give it the look of little shingles. Before attaching the roof, I punched two holes in it and threaded them with white tulle which I tied into a bow.

I die-cut a scalloped circle in Lilac Grace and one in white cardstock and stamped Happy Easter in black ink. The little tag is attached with white crochet thread.


Project Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Hippity Hoppity
  • Paper:  PTI Lilac Grace, White Stampers Select, Guide Lines
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Dies:  Standard & Scalloped Circle Nestabilities, Large Scalloped Mega Rectangle Nestabilities
  • Other:  Birdhouse Template; Tulle; Crochet Thread; Cuttlebug Checkerboard Embossing Folder
___________________________________________________________________________________
⭐⭐Guess what? I won for this entry too! Thank you PTI!⭐⭐

3/15/17 - From Nichole's Blog:
We are all winners of a $25 gift certificate!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and perfect little Easter birdhouse Lainey! Love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice spring color!! The bow is a perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!