PTI is kicking off their March Release. Not only is it their 10th Anniversary Celebration, but they also have a new line up of blog posts every day for 10 days! Lizzie Jones is the Day 5 Guest Blogger Stitching Focus, highlighting the Stitched Coaster Dies. The inspiration photo below shows past projects from some of the other DT members.
The challenge: Create a new project using one of the stitching projects from above as your inspiration.
I got ideas from each of the photos above, but the most from #3. The double stitching, the kraft and white colors were what gave me the idea for my card. (And I remembered a card that Heather Nichols made when the Splits: Love set was just released.)
I die-cut a piece of watercolor paper with the stitched die from the Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical dies. Next, I stamped the image in Versamark ink, sprinkled it with white embossing powder and heat set it. Using my Zig markers, I colored the flowers in pink, adding more of the same color to give them depth with shading. I outlined the flowers (just like I would with Copics markers) with grey.
The leaves are stamped in Spring Moss ink and the sentiment in Smokey Shadow ink. I wanted to add some splatters and mixed some of the pink marker with water on a clear block. I picked up the mixture with a brush and carefully tapped the brush -- I was holding my breath did I didn't ruin it with this step!😀
I placed my completed panel on a stitched Kraft cardstock card base. I added crochet twine around the spine to complete the card.
Card Details:
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Splits: Love; WPlus9 Fresh Cut Florals
- Paper: PTI Kraft; Canson 140# Watercolor
- Ink: PTI Smokey Shadow, Spring Moss; Versamark
- Zigs: Pink [025], Light Grey [091]
- Dies: PTI Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical Die Collection
- Tools: Heat Tool
- Other: White Embossing Powder; Crochet Thread
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"



oh this is lovely! I love how this looks on kraft. That Splits is on my wishlist.
ReplyDelete