Sunday, March 26, 2017

Just Sitting Here...

I'm trying to sneak in one more "winter" type card before the weather gets too warm. I'm using one of my favorite MFT sets on this, Polar Bear Pals.

I started with a piece of white cardstock and lightly brushed Aqua Mist ink over it with a make-up brush. Next, I stamped the snow with Versamark, sprinkled it with white embossing powder and heat set it.

The bear is die-cut in white cardstock, the outline stamped in black ink and his scarf colored with Copic markers. I added a little pink color to his cheeks and ears. After all, it must be chilly sitting there!

The mountain is die-cut in watercolor paper, and since it has texture to it I thought it looked more like snow. I dipped the tops of the mountains in Versamark, added white embossing powder and heat set it. I know, it's hard to see that in the picture.

I die-cut the clouds and lightly edged them with Aqua Mist ink. The bear is on foam tape for dimension. I stamped the sentiment in black ink and added a bit of glitter to the mountain tops. The panel is on a Hawaiian Shores cardstock card base. I will say the bear sure looks happy!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  MFT Polor Bear Pals; Altenew Snowing
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Hawaiian Shores; Tim Holtz Watercolor
  • Ink:  PTI Aqua Mist; Memento Tuxedo Black; Versamark
  • Copics:  BG13, R24, R81, W00
  • Dies:  PTI Warmest Wishes, Cloud Collection 1 & 2, Heart-2-Heart #6; MFT Polar Bear Pals
  • Others:  Recollections Embossing Powder; Glitter; Foam Tape
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

2 comments:

  1. Super cute card! What a darling polar bear just chillaxin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your adorable bear may be happy to be sitting in the cold, but I'm sure done with it! LOL Love the accent you added to the tops of the mountains, and the soft sponging of your BG - all around, a super card, Lainey!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!