Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Inchie Elements (MIM #326)...


I always like it when Lexi Daly hosts MIM because it's usually something simple to make. And she did it again with this week's challenge Make It Monday #326: Inchie Elements. Lexi shows us how to make a fun card using inchies - remember those from years ago? They were all the rage. I still have my "inchie" punch which came in handy for my card.

I started by punching nine squares in white cardstock. On six of the squares, I stamped sand along the bottom and added a beach item from Day At The Beach. I often think of selling this stamp set, but can't seem to be able to part with it!😊 On the three remaining squares, I stamped the sentiment in black ink. The sentiment squares are stacked 3 times for a little dimension. When assembling the squares, I used a T-Square ruler to help make sure the inchies were perfectly lined up.

The card looked like it had too much white (what is it with me and too much white?😎) so I stamped more sand at the bottom of the card. I added a little glitter to the drink for the "salt" and teal/kraft twine for my finishing touches. Fun way to make a card!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Day At The Beach, Sand Swatch, Birthday Classics: April, Birthday Classics: August, Keep Swimming
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  PTI Kraft, Harvest Gold, Tropical Teal, Raspberry Fizz, Amethyst Allure, Green Parakeet; Memento Bahama Blue, Tuxedo Black
  • Tools:  1 Inch Square Punch; T-Square Ruler
  • Other:  Martha Stewart Twine; Coarse Glitter
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5" 

13 comments:

  1. Great summer card. The sand is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so much fun...just screams summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love, love, love!! especially the extra sand. and hey, my birthday's august 15th - just sayin'! i'm so glad you had fun with the challenge - thanks for playing make it monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure nailed this challenge Lainey!! I love every little square...doing the sentiment in 3 squares was genius!! And I love all that sand too! FABULOUS card my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great planning on your fun summer card! I love how the sentiment forms a winning tic-tac-toe game!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute card. LOVE the sand...great detail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your summery icons and...your sand theme! Nice job on the inchies, Lainey! I got a little lazy with mine plus my fishies needed a bit larger inchie (oops). ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love each little scene on the inchie elements! Terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lainey, I love how you placed the sentiment diagonally across the inchies. This is so festive and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely looks like a fun day at the beach with all your cute inchies, Lainey! You’ve got everything one needs plus your sand details finish it perfectly. Very cute summer birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great Summertime BDay card! Every image on your inchies celebrates FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic summer time card. Love the theme of sand that you carried across the card. I'm off to the beach for lunch today--looking forward to getting some of that sand on my feet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!