Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Lots o' Dots (MIM #324)...


Well, this week's challenge looks easy and fun at the same time! Michelle Leone is the host and shares how to add dimensional dots to a project. I flipped through my stamp sets and saw What The Doodle: Waves had all those little bubbles just waiting to be filled in! You can watch how to do this technique here ⤗ Make It Monday #324: Lots o' Dots.

I started with a piece of Spring Rain cardstock, stamped the waves in Versamark ink, sprinkled them with white embossing powder and heat set it. The whale is die-cut three times in white cardstock and stacked together for dimension; the top whale stamped in Enchanted Evening ink. The water spout is also embossed with white embossing powder. I stamped two different sentiments at the bottom in blue ink.

Next came the fun of filling in all those little bubbles with Pearl Pen drops. I did them a little at a time, letting them dry before I moved to another section. I even did a dot for the whale's eye! Fun technique and it's always nice to see any type of dimension on a card.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Keep Swimming, What The Doodle: Waves, Ways To Say: Birthday
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Spring Rain
  • Ink:  PTI Enchanted Evening; Versamark
  • Dies:  PTI Keep Swimming
  • Tools:  Heat Tool
  • Other:  White Ice Pearl Pen; Embossing Powder
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

9 comments:

  1. Oh Lainey, the droplets give the water such a charming look! Love the tiny pearls. So perfect with water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job, Lainey! Yes, I was thinking of using this stamp set too, but saw it had been used earlier (not by you). I still will have to try it out...TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card. Just love your placement of the drops on those waves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card - that whale looks like he's enjoying the waves you've created! Great job on the challenge, Lainey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pearl dots are the perfect finishing touch on ur fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely perfect card Lainey!! I just love the monochromatic theme with all the white embossing and the white sentiment strip at the bottom too! And of course those pearl dots are just the icing on the cake! FABULOUS card my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this so much, Lainey! Absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an amazing job with your bubbles!!! This is such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your fabulous card, Lainey! I love the dots in those What the Doodle waves...need to CASE that idea ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!