Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Merry Christmas Tag...

I really haven't had a chance to use the new Post & Parcel kit - but I have big plans for it in 2017! I just have to get started making things earlier (and hope PTI doesn't come out with a kit that I like more).😬 I needed to make a gift card holder and decided to use the mailbox from the P&P kit after watching Betsy Veldman's video and all the wonderful things she made.

I used Pure Poppy cardstock for the front and back, covering the front with a pretty pattern paper. I die-cut the top in Spring Rain cardstock, cutting a slit in it so I could easily slide the gift card into it. And look at the cute little lock I added in Pure Poppy cardstock and tied with white crochet thread!

Merry Christmas is stamped in Pure Poppy ink on a banner die-cut in Spring Rain cardstock; it's on fun foam for dimension. I added punched out snowflakes with a clear sequin in the middle.


For the gift card, I die-cut the large postage die in white cardstock and adhered it with a couple of glue dots. I think everything is so color coordinated and since it's a snowman, the snowflakes were the perfect addition! I placed the tag in a cellophane bag with snowflakes on it and made a matching little gift tag to tie at the top. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the finished project.😞

Project Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Keep It Simple: Christmas
  • Paper:  PTI Pure Poppy, Spring Rain, White Stampers Select; DCWV
  • Ink:  PTI Pure Poppy
  • Dies:  PTI Post & Parcel Make It Market Kit, Tag Sales: Quilted
  • Tools:  Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch; Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Sequins; Fun Foam; Crochet Thread
  • Size:  6.0" x 3.0"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!