What a fun challenge this week with Make It Monday #272: Masked Heart Wreaths! Melissa Phillips shows us how to create a lovely heart card using a mask. Masking is very easy to do and something I should use more often.
I used the heart die from Framed Out #11 and die-cut my mask in copy paper (I find using cardstock as a mask is too thick and I don't get good stamping results.) I placed the heart in the center of white cardstock and began stamping with Berry Sorbet and Aqua Mist inks for the flowers and Spring Moss and Simply Chartreuse inks for the branches. I added the hearts and additional branches in Sweet Blush ink.
Love is die-cut three times in Berry Sorbet cardstock, stacked and glued together. I cut a strip of Aqua Mist cardstock and stamped the sentiment for inside the heart, adhering it on fun foam for dimension.
My last step was adding the scalloped border at the top, die-cut in Aqua Mist Bitty Dots pattern paper. I'm not sure if I'm going to use this as a Valentine or anniversary card - it would work for either one!
Card Details:- Stamps: PTI Twig Wreath, To Have And To Hold, Wonderful Words: Love
- Paper: PTI White Stampers Select, Aqua Mist Bitty Dots, Berry Sorbet
- Ink: PTI Berry Sorbet, Aqua Mist, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Sweet Blush, Smokey Shadow
- Dies: PTI Framed Out #11, Wonderful Words: Love, Card Edgers #4
- Other: Fun Foam
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


Very pretty color choices...love how your wreath turned out. These wreaths can be addicting.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful wreath and colors Lainey. Love the scalloped border at the top.
ReplyDeleteLove how you "framed" the wreath with the scallop-edge die cut DP at the top, and the "Love" word die at the bottom. All the flower stamping around your heart wreath has perfect "balance" too. Very eye-pleasing design, Lainey.
ReplyDeleteOhhhhh....this is wonderful. I love the pretty scallop at the top and the die you chose is perfect. Cheers.
ReplyDeleteAwesome card. Love your take on the challenge. Great layout.
ReplyDeleteLovely, lovely cards Lainey! Love all the flowers, leaves and colors you used to create your wreath...so soft and delicate and absolutely beautiful!! :0)
ReplyDeleteLove the top border and the colours used. Great card!
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet card, Lainey! The design could also be used as a wedding card. Love the bitty dot border at the top (I always use mine on the bottom of the design). I'm going to try this myself. Your masked wreath looks beautiful in that color scheme.
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful! Love your wreath & the border at the top!
ReplyDeleteWow what a stunner Lainey! The word did is so pretty in Berry Sorbet!
ReplyDeleteI know that google auto enhances the photo and needs to be turned off just can't seem to do it this time. I will get help from my son and let you know.
I love the way you displayed the sentiment~such a pretty card Lainey!
ReplyDelete