Thursday, July 14, 2011

Best Wishes

One of  the ladies in my craft group is moving to Panama the end of this month so I made her this card from all of us.  I wanted the card to be tropical colors and what I think she'll be doing there most of the time - I hope I got it right!  lol

This stamp set, PTI's A Day At The Beach, has been sitting on my shelf for a long, long time and never used.....perfect for this card!!  I used Kraft for the card base and topped it with a piece of yellow pattern paper and a piece of Raspberry Fizz.  I sponged blue and beige ink on white paper to create the sky and beach.  I stamped the umbrella and flip flops and cut them out for a bit of dimension.  Next I randomly stamped some starfish and added the margarita glass, encrusted with 'diamond dust' to look like salt.   I stamped the sun with a button, the sentiment with few dew drops and added the sunglasses and twine.  Carol paints and I happened to have a painter's palette....of course she'll be painting on the beach!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI A Day At The Beach, Botanical Silhouettes
  • Paper:  PTI Kraft, Raspberry Fizz, Stamper's Select White
  • Tools:  Tag Trio Nestabilities
  • Other:  "Water" Dew Drops, Copics, Twine, Diamond Dust, Recollections Dimensional Stickers
  • Card Size:  5.5" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!