Sunday, January 29, 2012

happy birthday

This little penguin stamp has really grown on me.....he is just so stinkin' cute!  I used white for the card base and topped it with a layer of Spring Rain, embossed with a snowflakes embossing folder.  I made the snow drifts by ripping paper and outlined them with glitter.  I cut the banners in white, adhered them to a strip of twine and added the h-a-p-p-y letters.  Next I stamped the penguin onto a diecut and colored his nose and feet with Copics.  I wanted to give him some color on his cheeks, so used a bit of chalk and added his hat and pompom.  My last step was to make the 'birthday banner' which I adhered to a toothpick.  Happy Birthday Jamie!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Winter Penguin, Birthday Bash Sentiments
  • Paper:  PTI Spring Rain; DCWV
  • Tools:  PTI Winter Penguin Die, Double Ended Banner Die, Banner Builder Die Collection, Block Alphaphet Die Collection; 'Snowflakes' Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
  • Other:  Twine, Martha Stewart Glitter, Toothpick, Pompom, Copics, Chalk
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"
  • Use What I Have:  I haven't used this embossing folder for a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!