Friday, September 5, 2014

Happy Birthday

I wanted to try a new technique today - using a stencil and embossing.

I placed the mesh stencil on top of a piece of white cardstock, taping it down on the sides so it didn't move.  Next, I stamped VersaMark directly on the mesh by turning the stamp pad upside down, creating a pattern.  I sprinkled white Zing embossing powder over top of it and carefully lifted the stencil off.  I heated the embossing powder with my heat gun and was so happy with the way it turned out!

The butterflies are die-cut in Hibiscus Burst pattern paper and again in vellum for a layered look.  I placed a little bit of foam tape under each wing to make them dimensional.  The sentiment is stamped in coordinating ink on a die-cut banner.  Adding iridescent sequins was a perfect match to finish the card.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Keep It Simple: Birthday
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Hibiscus Burst, Hibiscus Burst Damask; Vellum
  • Ink:  PTI Hibiscus Burst; VersaMark
  • Tools:  PTI Initial Thoughts Die; Memory Box Rhone Butterfly Die, Memory Box Effera Butterfly Die; Memory Box Textured Mesh Stencil
  • Other:  Zing Embossing Powder; Foam Tape; Sequins
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!