Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Color Isolation (MIM #245)...


Make It Monday: #245 Color Isolation is this week's challenge hosted by Ashley Cannon Newell. Ashley shows us how just a little color on a neutral background can add a bit of brilliance to your project. I chose grey for my neutral and red for my "pop" of color. Ashley used the same stamps for both her neutral background and color - did it have to be the same stamps? Well, if so, I decided to do mine a little differently. lol

Starting with a piece of white cardstock, I stamped the background in grey ink, using the branches, leaves and flowers from Spring Woods. The sentiment is stamped in black ink.

The bird is die-cut in white cardstock and stamped with Pure Poppy and black inks. Thank you Misti for helping me make my bird perfect! lol I placed the bird on fun foam for dimension and adhered the panel to a Smokey Shadow cardstock card base.

To finish the card, I rounded the corners and used a Clear Star gelly roll pen to add just a touch of sparkle to the flower centers. Because I left some of the card base showing on the left side, I added Stone twine. 

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Spring Woods, Winter Woods, Year of Flowers: Gladiolus
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Smokey Shadow
  • Ink:  PTI Pure Poppy; Amuse Seattle; Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Dies:  PTI Winter Woods
  • Tools:  Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Twine; Clear Star Gelly Roll Pen; Fun Foam
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

21 comments:

  1. Well, you know how much of a fan I am for these bird stamp series, Lainey, so it's no surprise I find your card spectacular! It immediately jumped out at me from the Gallery with it's pop of red and beauty (haven't even received the post in my e-mail box yet). Fab job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Your black edge ties it together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love that you chose to use a bird for your isolation color. It's so pretty tied up with that bit of twine. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice card. I love birds and the Cardinal is a favorite. Perfect for this challenge with that wonderful red.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and the red cardinal is perfect splash of color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is really pretty, lainey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful Card!the flower backround looks super in light Grey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that beautiful red bird against the subtle grey backdrop. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely design for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely! The pop of the red bird looks so striking and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cardinal sure pops out. Loveit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Lainey...this is beautiful! I love the subdued background and that lovely pop of red with the cardinal! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so gorgeous, Lainey! I love the brilliant cardinal over the soft grey tones. Mr. Cardinal really makes a statement. Thanks so much for leaving such a kind comment on my blog. Your prayers and kindness were a light in my day! Sending cyber (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowie!! your branches are simply dreamy stamped this way! I love this amazing card!! What a wonderful way to highlight that beautiful bird!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful card- love the red Cardinal against the branches of blossom

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really lovely card. I love these Woods stamp sets and I like how you combined both sets for the bird & background. The branches with the flowers look great with the cardinal.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so beautiful! I love the neutral background, which really makes the red Cardinal pop!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the red, black and white. You rocked the challenge, Lainey. P.S. That black border really sets everything off so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW, Lainey, red, black and white with the gray background design looks awesome! Your Cardinal really looks great on the light gray branch and black edge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your bird IS perfect! I love the way you used this set~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!