Thursday, April 28, 2016

True Love...

You can see I'm on a purple kick right now, I haven't used it for a long time and now I seem to pick it up for almost every card! 

This stamp set, Painted Flowers by Altenew gave me a bit of trouble while making this card. I wasn't sure which stamps went together to make the layers, and how to line them up. After looking at a reference sheet I think I figured it out and I'm happy with the way the card turned out. 

On white cardstock I stamped two layers of the flowers in two shades of purple ink and added the outline in black ink. One of the purples is pearlescent so it looks a bit shiny on the card. The leaves are stamped in two shades of green, outlined in black ink.

The sentiment is stamped in black ink with the added purple ink for the years and line under anniversary. I added a pop of red for the heart. The panel is adhered to a Plum Pudding cardstock card base with a bit of the card base showing on the right.

I have to thank my blog friend Susi for introducing me to Altenew and for posting such beautiful  cards using this stamp set on her blog Ink-Creatable Works Of Heart. She is a good enabler! lol

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Inside & Out: Love; Altenew Painted Flowers
  • Paper:  PTI Plum Pudding, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  PTI Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Pure Poppy; Brilliance Pearlescent Purple; Versamagic Purple Hydrangea; Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Size:  5.0" x 7.0"

1 comment:

  1. Lainey, I can't tell you how happy seeing this card makes me! Not only do I get to see the gorgeous card you created for your parent's A-MAZING 65th Anniversary, I finally get to see you use a stamp set I'm totally hooked on (and convinced you to buy!). The sentiment is so sweet! My best wishes to everybody celebrating this momentous, happy occasion!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!