Thursday, October 6, 2016

Background Building With Frames (MIM #263)...


Another week has quickly gone by and here we are with this week's challenge, Make It Monday #263: Background Building With Frames, where Amy Sheffer shows us how to use frame dies to create a different looking background.

I started with a white card base, and using a make up brush, applied Aqua Mist ink to the background. Next, I stamped the pine boughs around the edges in Spring Moss ink and the little berries in Pink Peony ink. Do you like this non-traditional color combo? I have to give full credit to Melissa Phillips who suggested it on the PTI Forum. Thanks Melissa!

I already had a bunch of Keep It Simple frames cut and placed three on the card, staggering them a bit. The doves are die-cut (three times and stacked) in white cardstock and stamped with Pale Peony ink. Peace is die-cut with Luxe Gold foil paper and the sentiment stamped in Smokey Shadow ink.

To bring out more of the gold, I tied gold cording around the top and added a little gold star to the doves.  I have to remember to use my frames like this again in the future!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Christmas Faith, Wet Paint Holiday
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Luxe Gold Adhesive
  • Ink:  PTI Aqua Mist, Spring Moss, Pale Peony, Smokey Shadow
  • Dies:  Christmas Faith, Keep It Simple Frames, Wet Paint Holiday, Jolly Holiday
  • Other:  Gold Cording
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

13 comments:

  1. Wow, Lainey, this card is absolutely stunning! Love how you used those stitched frames to highlight those doves, and the soft colours you chose are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Lainey! Love the soft pastel color palette that you used and the gold sentiment! Your stamped background looks outstanding along with all the frames!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Lainey! I love everything you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful card Lainey!! I love how you made the border with the pine boughs and berries...SO pretty! Love how you balanced your sentiment and each of the doves in one of the frames too...fabulous layout!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Lainey, your card is wonderful! Since I have both of these sets I'll try it out soon! Your color choices are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Love the soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pastel colors...reminds me of a beautful vintage winter scene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully designed--love every element!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a stunning card. The design and the soft colors work beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lainey, this is simply stunning with your color choices, layout and gold cording. Love those pink doves, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty Lainey! Love the soft colors and the gold sentiment really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very pretty. Love those doves in pink, and you were so clever in how you placed your frames.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!