Friday, October 14, 2016

Papertrey Oct 2016 Create Along With Us...


I've really been in the mood to make Christmas cards, I think because the weather is cooler and PTI has been releasing their new holiday stamps for two months. So much inspiration! I absolutely love this card Betsy Veldman made, it's so beautiful! I was originally going to make something similar, but know I'd never even come close to what she did! So my inspiration came from the non-traditional colors, the use of What The Doodle, the inked background and tiny snowflakes.


I started with a piece of white cardstock and applied Scarlet Jewel ink lightly with a make-up brush. The ornament is die-cut three times in white cardstock. On one, I stamped the image, applied Versamark ink and white embossing powder. After heat setting it, I brushed Hawaiian Shores ink on it, stacked and glued them together, adding the crochet thread bow on top.

The sentiment is stamped in black ink. I added the strip of Holiday Plaid pattern paper at the top and placed the panel on a Scarlet Jewel cardstock card base. There was too much space and the snowflake sequins helped fill in the background.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI What The Doodle: Ornament, Keep It Simple: Christmas
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Scarlet Jewel, Holiday Plaid
  • Ink:  PTI Hawaiian Shores, Scarlet Jewel; Versafine Onyx Black; Versamark
  • Dies:  PTI What The Doodle: Ornament
  • Tools:  Heat Tool
  • Other:  Stampin' Up Frosted Sequins; Crochet Thread; Zing Embossing Powder
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

7 comments:

  1. You chose a lovely card by Betsy as your inspiration, Lainey! The plaid accent on your card is a great anchor for your colour choices, and the sequin snowflakes are a festive touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Lainey! Love your coloring, and the piece of plaid is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also fell in love with Betsy's snowflake card (and every other card she makes). Your design and color combo looks awesome with that gorgeous ornament, Lainey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aah, you were one of the lucky ones to get that Doodle ornament! Sweet card and perfect plaid to ground your design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lainey, what a darling card this is.
    I love the pretty colors & design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy,

    The snowflake card is my favorite card for Christmas of all time! I love the pretty non-traditional colors. Please keep sharing to inspire!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!