I didn't think I'd have time to make something for this month's Blog Hop, but I wanted to because it means I participated in every Blog Hop challenge this year! This month's inspiration wasn't hard to get ideas from - as soon as I saw the Hawaiian Shores and Lovely Lady stars I knew what I wanted to do (even though these colors are a bit out of my comfort zone!😎).
I die-cut my stars in Hawaiian Shores, Lovely Lady and Aqua Mist cardstock. To add some dimension to the card, the Hawaiian Shores stars are die-cut and stacked three times, Lovely Lady die-cut and stacked 2 times and Aqua Mist die-cut once.
The card base is white cardstock, with a strip of Hawaiian Shores stripes on the left side. I placed the stars in a random pattern, leaving a space for the sentiment, stamped in black ink.
I added glitter to the stars and rounded the right bottom corner. It's busy this time of year so I'm happy I was able to make a quick card to enter the challenge.
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Keep It Simple: Happy Holidays
- Paper: PTI White Stampers Select, Hawaiian Shores, Lovely Lady, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores Stripes
- Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
- Dies: PTI Sketched Stars
- Tools: Corner Rounder
- Other: Glitter
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"



A lovely inspired design - your die cut stars just fill the 'sky' grounded by that pretty striped border!
ReplyDeleteGlittery stars... what could be more festive?!?! Pretty card, Lainey!
ReplyDeleteIt may have been quick to make, but it looks FABULOUS Lainey!! I love how you did the different dimension for the stars and then even glittered them up...fun, fun, card!! :0)
ReplyDeleteLove your card! The colors are perfect!
ReplyDeleteYou created a beautiful quick and easy card. Love it!
ReplyDeletelove your card, I used the star dies, as well. they are so versatile. Great work!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet star take on the inspiration!
ReplyDeleteFantastic card, Lainey!! The stars are just the right touch...love the varied layers and the striped paper to finish it all off!
ReplyDeleteFabulous colors, love your card! The way you highlighted the stripes in your card with the stars is perfection.
ReplyDeleteSo fun and very festive with all those wonderful stars.
ReplyDeleteThis is so pretty and fun!
ReplyDeleteGreat card, Lainey, and would also make an awesome birthday or congratulatory card with all the stars. The striped edge really adds to the finished look. Happy New Year!
ReplyDelete