Friday, September 22, 2017

Mixing Florals (MIM #297)...


I don't know why I struggled so much with this week's challenge Make It Monday #297: Mixing Florals, hosted by Dawn McVey. She shows us how to mix up florals from different stamp sets. So why did I struggle when I have so many floral sets? Because I couldn't decide which ones to use and what looked good together! Dawn makes it look so easy!!

I finally decided to use the Color Pop Florals and Color Pop Autumn mini kits. I originally stenciled the flowers directly on linen cardstock, trying 3 times to get something that looked decent. Nothing did and I ended up die-cutting the flowers for my 4th attempt! lol

The flowers and leaves are all stenciled on Fresh Snow Linen cardstock. I wanted to make this more of a Fall type card and stamped the flowers in Summer Sunrise and Orange Zest ink. The leaves are stamped in Spring Moss and Ripe Avocado inks. I arranged everything on a white linen panel and thought there was too much white showing, and added a strip of Orange Zest stripes at the bottom. The flowers are either glued or adhered with foam tape for dimension.

Happy Thanksgiving is stamped in Ripe Avocado ink on a banner, die-cut 4 times and glued together. I thought the card still needed something so I added white crochet thread around the bottom. At least I'm happy with the way it (finally) turned out!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Color Pop Florals, Color Pop Autumn, Pumpkin Patch
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Fresh Snow Linen, Orange Zest Stripes
  • Ink:  PTI Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Fine Linen, Kraft, Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado; Memento Morocco
  • Dies:  PTI Color Pop Florals, Color Pop Autumn; Tag Trio Nestabilities
  • Other:  Foam Tape; Crochet Thread
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

6 comments:

  1. Your autumn card looks just fine (we are our worst critic)! The Color Pop set is one of my favorites. And you are right, this was not an easy challenge...you really had to play with the different floral sets. I don't really like large florals that take up the whole card. >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Lainey! Love the mix of pretty florals that you used! Thanks for the enabling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Lainey! Your florals are so pretty colored and ready for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely card Lainey and yes, we really are our own worst critics sometimes! I love your brightly colored flowers and the striped DSP at the bottom is so eye catching and works to ground the whole card too! Love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unique & beautiful! Your efforts sure paid off, Lainey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely! I really need to break out my color pop set! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!