This month's inspiration photo features black as the background, something I don't use often. But I was intrigued by the flowers and bird and didn't have too much trouble coming up with an idea. The poppy flowers in Stemmed Statements reminded me of the flowers in the photo and since I haven't inked up that set yet, it was my first choice for my card.
I stamped the flowers in black ink on white cardstock, die-cut and colored them with Copic markers. I also die-cut some leaves from the Spruce & Sprigs set and stamped them with Kraft ink. I arranged the florals on a panel of True Black cardstock, cutting off one of the green leaves and placing it at the bottom where the stems cross over.
The Winter Woods bird is die-cut in white cardstock, stamped with Kraft and Cocoa Beans inks and is on foam tape for dimension.
The card base is Pure Poppy cardstock, with a layer of white cardstock in between to give a striped look at the bottom. I die-cut the banner in white cardstock, stamped the sentiment in Pure Poppy ink and placed it on fun foam for additional dimension. And another Christmas card is done!
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Stemmed Statements, Spruce & Sprigs, Winter Woods
- Paper: PTI Pure Poppy, True Black, White Stampers Select
- Ink: PTI Pure Poppy, Kraft, Cocoa Bean; Memento Tuxedo Black
- Copics: G12, G82, R24, R39, Y38
- Dies: PTI Stemmed Statements, Spruce & Sprigs, Winter Woods
- Other: Foam Tape; Fun Foam
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"




This is so pretty and perfect for the blog hop!
ReplyDeleteGreat card! Love those red flowers and your grouping of various sprigs.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card. Your little bird is perfection!
ReplyDeleteI am loving your choice of blooms, those poppies look gorgeous on against the black background and beige bird! Beautiful!!!!
ReplyDeleteVery striking! The Poppies look beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLove it. The flowers are so bright and crisp and I love that adorable little bird. Cheers.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun take on the challenge
ReplyDeleteA great interpretation and a fabulous card!
ReplyDeleteoh so in love with your card
ReplyDeletethe bird and the flower is great together
and you nail the Photo inspiration
love your adorable card!
see you maybe on my PTI card
hugs from Germany
Monika
Great choice of stamp sets and wonderfully executed, Lainey! ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous card, Lainey!
ReplyDeleteWhat a GORGEOUS card Lainey and I love the stripes at the bottom too! Lovely layout too!! :0)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card!
ReplyDeletelovely placement of your stems and sweet bird!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful blend of stamps and design! Lovely card!
ReplyDeleteLainey, this is lovely! so pretty with those stamp sets and colors. Perfection in the stamping too!!!
ReplyDeleteLainey, this really helps the colors pop! I almost never use a black background either but wasn't it fun?
ReplyDeleteOh how absolutely beautiful, Lainey! Love this one!
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty card Lainey! That bird looks beautiful!
ReplyDeleteBeautifully done! I have that stamp set on my wishlist--now more than ever!
ReplyDeleteLove this!
ReplyDelete