Day 5 Challenge: Retirement List - Use a stamp set from the 2018 Retirement List on your project.
I have mixed emotions when PTI publishes their retiring stamps list. Sad to see so many favorite sets go away, but happy knowing it's to make room for new, fresh stamps to purchase.
I pulled out an old favorite, Year Of Flowers: Violets. On white cardstock, I stamped the flowers and leaves in Versamark, sprinkled them with white embossing powder and heat set them. Next, with a dauber, I rubbed on Lilac Grace, Amethyst Allure, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse and Lemon Tart inks. To add some interest, I didn't try to keep the ink inside the lines. The little dots were made with a black marker.
For the sentiment I used the Keep It Simple Frames die, stamped it with Smokey Shadow ink and placed it on fun foam for dimension. The panel is adhered to a Lilac Grace cardstock card base.
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Year Of Flowers: Violets, Year Of Flowers: Carnations
- Paper: PTI Lilac Grace, White Stampers Select
- Ink: PTI Lilac Grace, Amethyst Allure, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Smokey Shadow, Lemon Tart; Versamark
- Dies: PTI Keep It Simple Frames
- Tools: Heat Tool
- Other: Embossing Powder; Fun Foam; Black Marker
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


This is beautiful! I've never seen that stamp set before, but I love it. The colors are so soft and lovely. Beautifully done!
ReplyDeleteThe surreal look of the flowers, and soft colours, are really pretty, Lainey. Perfect for a sympathy card!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful, soothing sympathy card, Lainey! Love that you didn’t worry about staying within the lines as it looks so artsy. Think I’m going to use Beautiful Butterflies for my card later today.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely love the colors you used, Lainey! And they are so soft...
ReplyDeletebeautiful. I don't see people using purple much in their cards. It's one of my favorite colors. :)
Beautiful Sympathy card, Lainey. Love the soft colors and the pretty Violets.
ReplyDeletePS: hate to see the Year of Flowers retiring