Friday, February 2, 2018

Using Different Types Of Papers (MIM #311)...


I think most of us just use cardstock or patterned paper when we make cards. This week Stephanie Gold challenges us to use different types of paper in the video Make It Monday #311: Using Different Types Of Paper. I haven't been crafting much, sort of lost my mojo right now, so I struggled to come up with an idea.

I started with a white cardstock card base and added a layer of Hawaiian Shores cardstock, scored every 1/2 inch. I added a layer of silver foil and white cardstock, die-cut with Mix & Mat:Snowflakes.

The two banners are die-cut in vellum and Aqua Mist cardstock. I stamped the sentiment on the right in black, fully inked and the sentiment on the left without inking up the stamp again to give it a shadowy look. The banner is on foam tape for a little dimension.

And what would a winter card be without some white fun fur?😃

It was really hard taking a picture without me or the camera reflecting in the foil! This is the best I could do.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI On Ice
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist; Recollection Silver Foil Cards; Vellum
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Dies:  PTI Mix & Mat: Snowflakes; MFT Fishtail Flag Frames
  • Tools:  Scor-Pal
  • Other:  Foam Tape; Fun Fur
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

7 comments:

  1. Looks good to me...love your colors! And using a Mix & Mat for a BG on its own is a great idea. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice with the silver foil paper as it suits the "snowflake" theme perfectly! The offset mat and angled sentiment strip add lovely interest, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lainey, you had some clever tricks up your sleeve on this one. Doesn’t look like you lost your mojo at all. Think I need some of that foil paper as worked great with Mix & Mat. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty Lainey! Great mix of pretty papers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lost mojo?!! Looks FABULOUS to me! I love the mixture of silver, white, Hawaiian Shores and Aqua Mist...perfect for a Winter birthday! Lovely, lovely card Lainey!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful winter Birthday card, Lainey! Pretty colors and great design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of so many papers and the foil die cut cements the whole project beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!