Saturday, August 27, 2011

Elephant Happy Birthday

I was making this card when we had an earthquake the other day.....very scary!  This is a new stamp set that my friend sent me - it's from Inky Antics called Birthday Elephant.  The stamps are designed to work with  honeycomb paper although you don't have to use it.

Outside:  I used white for the card base and topped it with a layer of black and a patterned white/pink paper.  The elephant was stamped and colored with Copics, cut out and mounted on scalloped black cardstock.  I added a coordinating opposite white/pink pattern paper, the sentiment and a couple metal adhesive dots. 


Inside:  I stamped the elephant, a few gift packages and colored them with Copics.  I added the strip of patterned paper at the top and bottom of the card and the sentiment.  Notice the balloon - this is the "honeycomb" paper that adds a "3D surprise" to the card!  Isn't this just cute, cute, cute!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  Inky Antics Birthday Elephant
  • Paper:  No idea - I've had it for ages!
  • Tools:  Rectangle Scalloped Nestabilities, Tag Trio Nestabilities
  • Other:  Copics, HoneyComb Paper, Metal Adhesive Dots, Sakura Clear Star Pen
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!