Wednesday, March 14, 2012

70th Birthday

I cannot believe I'm posting this card for my friend's 70th birthday!  I used Aqua Mist for the card base and layered it with a blue/green pattern paper.  I cut a rectangle of blue-green cardstock and topped it with white cardstock, cutting the corners with an inverted corner rounder.  The cake is made with diecuts from coaster and then topped with the matching pattern paper.  I stamped the candles and sentiment, coloring the flames with Copics.  The 70 was also diecut first with coaster and covered with the matching blue-green paper.

I put square brads in the corners and mounted the rectangle onto foam squares. The presents were diecut first with coaster, covered with cardstock, I added the round brads and mounted them on foam squares.  I think the black brads bring all the black in the card together.  Happy 70th Birthday Denis!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Make A Wish
  • Paper:  PTI Aqua Mist; Me & My Big Ideas; Bazzill; DCWV
  • Tools:  PTI Make A Wish Die, Block Alphabet Numbers Die; Inverted Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Brads; Copics; Coaster; Foam Squares
  • Card Size:  5.5" x 5.5"
  • Use What I Have:  Haven't used the Make A Wish stamp set for a long time, and of course, using up some more brads!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!