Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Happy Birthday To You

My friend Jill really likes white on white cards so I made this one especially for her (and it gave me a chance to use my new Lovely Layers stamp set!).

I started with white cardstock for the card base and added another layer of white cardstock that I ran through the Cuttlebug with my striped impression plate.

Next, I cut three strips of 3-1/2" x 1-1/4" white cardstock and stamped them with the flowers and leaves, stamping the leaves twice to give them a shadow effect.  I stamped the sentiment in black ink on the bottom strip.

I mounted the 3 strips onto foam tape for dimension and adhered them to the card.  I added clear gems to the flower centers and a little bit of glitter on the flowers to complete the card.  Happy Birthday Jill!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Lovely Layers, Turning A New Leaf, Gracious Vases
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select
  • Tools:  PTI Simple Stripes Impression Plate
  • Other:  Gems; Foam Tape; Martha Stewart Glitter
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

1 comment:

  1. thanks. this card is so much prettier in person!! had a great day

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!