Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween Doo-dad

I saw this coffin on Pinterest and knew I had to make it for my Halloween doo-dad.  The template is available on Martha Stewart's website.  However, when I printed it out, I thought it was way too big, so I reduced the size of the template by 25% on my printer to make, what I think, is a much "cuter" size coffin.

The coffin is made by cutting out the bottom and top in black cardstock.  You cut out the same pieces in pattern paper and line the coffin with the pattern paper.  Then you fold the cardstock to form the coffin and secure it with scor-tape to ensure it will stay together.  It's not hard to do, just a little time consuming to go through each step of the cutting and folding.

I filled the coffins with miniature candies, put on the lid and wrapped jute around it to make it look more like a crypt.  I added the tag with a stamped image, colored with Copics and a sentiment.  These turned out really cute and everyone just loved them!


Project Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Tiny Treats:  Halloween
  • Paper:  Debbie Mumm; Colorbok; DCWV
  • Tools:  Standard & Scalloped Nestabilities
  • Other:  Jute; Copics; Scor-tape
  • Project Size:  5.5" x 2.25" x 1.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!