Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

This is my Valentine's Day doodad - I saw this on Pinterest a while back and knew it was want I wanted to make.  In the inside of the doodad (see side view below) there's a matchbox drawer that holds a bag of Hershey Kisses.  I made the matchbox drawer by cutting and folding white cardstock.

I used Labels 8 Nestabilities to create the outside of the doodad.  The original one I saw used Stampin' Up's Top Note die, but I didn't have that, so I was very happy that Labels 8 was a nice replacement.  I folded a 4.0" x 8-1/2" inch of cardstock in half, placed the nestie on the fold and ran it through the Cuttlebug.   I scored it on the bottom to get the flat surface and edged around the doodad in white ink (it just added a little something).

I punched a hole in the top and threaded it with ribbon and white Fun Fur.  The outside was decorated with a large white heart with the sentiment and several smaller hearts made with scrap paper.  I added one clear gem to the smallest heart and placed it on foam tape for dimension.  I made twenty of these in different colors of pinks and red.


Project Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Love Birds, Fillable Frames #11
  • Paper:  DCWV
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; ColorBox Frost White
  • Tools:  Labels 8 Nestabilities, Scalloped Hearts Nestabilities; PTI Heart-2-Heart #11 Die, Framed Out #11 Die; Crop-A-Dile
  • Other:  Hershey Kisses; Clear Treat Bags; Ribbon; Fun Fur; Gem; Foam Tape
  • Project Size:  4.0" x 3.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!