I'm still trying.....can't win if I don't enter, right? Today's challenge is to make a project using one of six color schemes provided by PTI. I really like having these on hand because they're normally colors I wouldn't put together, so nice to have a "cheat" sheet. For my card I selected color inspiration #3:
I haven't used my Square Prints stamp set yet and decided to use it for this card. This card originally started out as "clean & simple", but one thing led to another and several hours (yes, hours!) later it was completed. Hardly simple.
I used Kraft cardstock for the card base - I selected that because it looked like it could be the 5th color in the scheme referring to the sand on the beach. I cut out a square in each of the colors - Plum Pudding, Lavender Moon, Hawaiian Shores and Blueberry Sky and stamped each one with a square print in Versamark. Next, I sprinkled the Versamark with Filigree embossing powder so it would heat emboss clear.
I die-cut a Fabulous Fame in Blueberry Sky striped paper, placed the four squares on white cardstock and adhered it to the frame. I added a coordinating button in the center of each square.
The sentiment is stamped on a double-ended banner die-cut. I wrapped jute around the frame and adhered it to the card base. My last step was edging around the card with a bit of white ink. This actually turned out better than I thought it would!
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Square Prints, Everyday Button Bits
- Paper: PTI Kraft, Lavender Moon, Hawaiian Shores, Plum Pudding, Blueberry Sky, White Stampers Select, Blueberry Sky Stripes
- Ink: PTI Fresh Snow; Memento Tuxedo Black; Versamark
- Tools: PTI Fabulous Frames Die, Doubled Ended Banner Die; Standard Square Nestabilities; Heat Gun
- Other: PTI Sweet Blush, Hawaiian Shores, Spring Rain, Plum Pudding Buttons; Jute; Embossing Powder
- Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!