Saturday, November 29, 2014

November Birthdays Are The Best!

Sneaking this card in under the wire for November.  I needed to make a masculine card and wanted to use more seasonal colors instead of pastel and selected wine and grey. 

I used Scarlet Jewel cardstock for the card base and placed a layer of Soft Stone stripes pattern paper on top. Next, I die-cut Journal Card #5 in white cardstock and also hand cut a piece of Soft Stone cardstock in the same size, rounding the corners to match the shape of the journal card.  I placed them on the card slightly overlapped and on an angle.

I die-cut November 3 times in Scarlet Jewel cardstock and glued them together for dimension.  The arrow is die-cut in Soft Stone cardstock, the sentiment stamped in Scarlet Jewel ink and placed on foam tape for additional dimension.

To finish the card I added some of my new favorite clear sequins, using both 4mm and 6mm.  These are the prettiest sequins I've ever seen!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Birthday Classics: March
  • Paper:  PTI Scarlet Jewel, Soft Stone, White Stampers Select; Soft Stone Stripes
  • Ink:  PTI Scarlet Jewel
  • Tools:  PTI Journal Card #5 Die, Monthly Moments: November Die, Monthly Moments: March Die; Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Pretty Pink Posh Sequins; Foam Tape
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!