Friday, January 16, 2015

With Sympathy

I'm trying to use some of my neglected stamp sets and haven't used Feather Finery for a while. This month when Heather Nichols released PTI's January 2105 Monthly Moments Color Scheme (Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist, Smokey Shadow, Fine Linen), I was surprised to see it was almost the same color combination I used on this sympathy card!


I needed to make this card for a male friend, so didn't want anything that was too frou-frou. I stamped the feathers - the larger one in Ocean Tides ink, the smaller in Aqua Mist ink. The centers of the feathers were stamped in Versamark ink, sprinkled with silver embossing powder and heat embossed. I think the silver went great with these two colors!

The sentiment is stamped in Smokey Shadow ink and the panel adhered to an Ocean Tides cardstock card base. These are nice masculine colors and also remind me of winter - must be why Heather released them in January!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Feather Finery, Keep It Simple: Sympathy
  • Paper:  PTI Ocean Tides, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  PTI Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist, Smokey Shadow; Versamark
  • Tools:  Heat Embossing Tool
  • Other:  Ranger Silver Embossing Powder
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!