Thursday, October 8, 2015

Happy 60th Birthday

Time to rub it in again to someone who's having a milestone birthday. lol And the "retro" stamps from PTI are perfect for this!

I decided to make a 5"x7" card for a change and started with white cardstock. I added the hills at the bottom in Spring Moss stripes. The "happy" sign background is die-cut in Spring Rain polka dot, light purple and Limeade Ice. I die-cut happy, 60th and the arrow four times and stacked them together, stamping the words. Four times seem to be my new favorite stacking amount!

1955 is stamped on Enchanted Evening cardstock in Versamark, sprinkled with White Zing and heat set. It's also layered 4 times. I placed it below the sign on the post, cut in True Black cardstock.

The smaller sign is die-cut in True Black cardstock and each sign is die-cut 4 times. I stamped the signs in Enchanted Evening, Lulu Lavender and Pear Tart inks. The clouds are die-cut in white cardstock, with the smaller ones on foam tape for dimension.

I wasn't happy with the really white background and sponged Spring Rain ink to help take away some of the whiteness. I think it looks much better! To finish the card I added clear sequins and Midnight Blue twine. My friend really loved his card! (And I think I should start making more 5x7 cards.)

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Reto Style Graduation, Retro Style Birthday
  • Paper:  PTI Enchanted Evening, Spring Moss Stripes, True Black, 2008 Spring Rain Bitty Dots, White Stampers Select, Limeade Ice; DCWV
  • Ink:  PTI Enchanted Evening, Spring Rain; Memento Lulu Lavender, Pear Tart; Versamark
  • Dies:  PTI Retro Style, Clouds 1 & 2 Collection, Heart-2-Heart #6, In The Meadow, Note Niblets
  • Tools:  Heat Tool
  • Other:  Sequins; Foam Tape; Twine; White Zing
  • Card Size:  5.0" x 7.0"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!