Tuesday, October 20, 2015

With Sympathy

You know how you go for a long time not needing a sympathy card, and then all of the sudden you need more than you'd like? That's what going on with me right now so I'm making more cards for my stash. This card is a little hard to see - I just couldn't get a really good picture of it.

I mixed alcohol and Aqua Mist reinker and sprayed it onto a square piece of white cardstock. I stamped the Harvest Berries on it in Versamark ink, sprinkled it with white embossing powder and heat set it. I layered it onto another slightly larger square of white cardstock, using foam tape to give it a little dimension.

I placed the squares on an Aqua Mist cardstock card base. The sentiment was stamped in Smokey Shadow ink on a die-cut made from a Stampin' Up window punch. To finish the card, I tied white crochet twine around the bottom.

Too bad I can't get a better picture because this card is so soft and pretty looking!

Card Details:

  • Stamps:  PTI Harvest Berries, Peaceful Gardens
  • Paper:  PTI Aqua Mist, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  PTI Aqua Mist Reinker, Smokey Shadow; Versamark
  • Die:  Stampin' Up Window Punch
  • Tools:  Heat Tool
  • Other:  Zing Embossing Powder; Crochet Twine; Foam Tape; Alcohol
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

1 comment:

  1. Love how the mix of alcohol and Aqua Mist produced a softer version of the Aqua Mist cardstock - a perfect match for this lovely Sympathy card. FYI this post was successfully delivered to my Inbox :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!