Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

Well, here it is, the beginning of a new year. 2016!!! Wasn't it just the year 2000 like 2 years ago? lol It's hard to comprehend how fast time goes by now. No resolutions for me. Maybe a few goals, and if I accomplish them, that's great, and if I don't, no big deal.

For this card I wanted to use black, gold and silver as my colors. Isn't that what we see on New Year's? I die-cut the Banner Journal Card in white cardstock and die-cut the little banners in gold and silver foil papers. "Happy New Year" is stamped in Smokey Shadow ink. The 2016 is die-cut 4 times, 3 times in white cardstock and once in silver foil paper, and of course, stacked and glued together.

I used True Black cardstock for the card base and added a layer of silver, glittery diagonal paper. The journal card is on fun foam for dimension. My last step was adding a few gold sequins.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Keep It Simple: New Year
  • Paper:  PTI True Black, White Stampers Select; DCWV; Silver/Gold Foil
  • Ink:  PTI Smokey Shadow
  • Dies:  PTI Journal Banner Card, Block Alphabet Numbers
  • Other:  Sequins; Fun Foam
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!