I wasn't expecting a Make It Monday this week and certainly not on a Wednesday....but there it was posted on Nichole's blog today! MIM #239: Customizing Patterned Paper is hosted by Lizzie and she shows us how to change pattern paper with stamps.
I wasn't sure which patterned paper to use and pulled this box pattern from Chocolate Remix. I stamped the star circles in Blueberry Sky and Pure Poppy inks. To the center of the stars, I added a smaller star in the opposite color ink.
Celebrate is die-cut 4 times in Pure Poppy cardstock, stacked and glued together. I wasn't sure I liked the red on red and die-cut the word again in Blueberry Sky cardstock, slightly overlapping it to show both colors. I placed the panel on a Pure Poppy cardstock card base, leaving 1/4" of the card base showing on the left hand side. I wrapped jute around the spine and rounded the corners.
This sure makes a nice masculine birthday card!
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Boy Basics: Simple Circles, Star Scribbles
- Paper: PTI Pure Poppy, Blueberry Sky, Chocolate Remix
- Ink: PTI Pure Poppy, Blueberry Sky
- Dies: PTI Wet Paint III
- Tools: Corner Rounder
- Other: Jute
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


Wow - love this card, Lainey! Great idea to layer the Blueberry Sky "Celebrate" diecut over the Pure Poppy as it looks amazing. What a wonderful masculine card. I may have to CASE it ;-)
ReplyDeleteI think this makes a great July 4th card! Your paper is beautifully done; so creative!
ReplyDeleteSo clever! And so cowboy western looking. Always looking for this style cuz I'm a country girl. You hit it out of the park! Love the red and blue celebrate too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun way to use the Boy Basic circles (one of my favorite sets)! And Star Scribbles is on my wish now that I've seen how you used it here!
ReplyDeleteThe stars look great on the chocolate plaid - love the twine and double layer die cut!
ReplyDeleteGreat way to jazz up your plaid paper...love it!! And a great guy card too...those are hard for me to come up with, but you definitely aced it!! :0)
ReplyDeleteYour 'new' patterned paper is great!
ReplyDeleteVery cute.
ReplyDeleteLove the red, white, blue theme...and the stars! Sweet card!
ReplyDeleteLove the awesome bandana paper that you made, Lainey. And now you have a fabulous masculine card all ready to go!
ReplyDeleteFabulous!! Love how you added interest to your patterned paper!!
ReplyDelete