This month's challenge reminds me that Spring is on it's way with the soft greens and pinks in the inspiration photo. I knew I was going to use Spring Moss and Sweet Blush for my colors and just needed to come up with the right stamp set!
I decided to use Year of Flowers: Violets since it has a large flower like the one in the photo. I stamped the flower in Versamark ink, sprinkled it with Blush embossing powder and heat set it. Next, I placed a mask on top of the flower, stamped the leaves in Versamark, sprinkled them with white embossing powder and heat set them.
Using a dauber and Sweet Blush ink, I lightly rubbed ink on the flower, making some areas darker than others with a bit of Berry Sorbet ink mixed in. The leaves are done the same way with Spring Moss ink. For the flower center, I stamped it on white cardstock, heat embossed it and lightly rubbed Berry Sorbet ink on it. The middle dots are colored with a black marker. I fussy cut the center and placed it on foam tape for dimension.
To make the stenciled background, I covered the flower and leaves with a mask and rubbed Spring Moss ink over the stencil onto part of the panel. I thought this stencil design looked like the pattern on the napkin in the photo. I stamped the sentiment in Smokey Shadow ink and placed the panel on a Spring Moss cardstock card base. A bit of crochet twine and a few pink blush sequins (aren't those sequins in the photo?) finished off the card.
Card Details:
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Year of Flowers: Violets, Think Big Favorites #24
- Paper: PTI Spring Moss, White Stampers Select
- Ink: PTI Spring Moss, Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Smokey Shadow; Versamark
- Tools: Heat Tool
- Other: PTI Modern Background Stencils; Zing Embossing Powder; Crochet Twine; Foam Tape; Pretty Pink Posh Sequins; Black Marker
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"



Oh this is so stunning Lainey! I love the soft colored flower. Simply breath taking!
ReplyDeleteSo soft and pretty! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a striking card! Love your bold bloom and how soft looking it is.
ReplyDeleteStunning card! The gold accented background really sets off the beautiful bloom.
ReplyDeleteLainey - this is striking! That stenciled background is awesome!
ReplyDeleteVery, very pretty! Love the soft colors of your flower and that background is just gorgeous! Stunning card!! :0)
ReplyDeletebeautiful card- love the softly coloured flower
ReplyDeleteYour stenciling looks great behind you lovely flower!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beauty your card is, Lainey! Fabulous layering of colour, and the accent that the stenciling adds is perfect with the image. I can't believe this card is almost a 1-layer creation as the flower & leaves seem to float over the cardbase! A stunner, my friend!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card! You're coloring on the flower and leaves is so lovely that it makes it appear as if it is on vellum - so elegant! Love the background.
ReplyDeleteSo lovely and soft. Thought it was vellum. Isn't that violet versatile?
ReplyDeleteLove you big flower! Nice card.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!! the recipient will get a double blessing with this delightful card!! I really love how soft yet bold it is.
ReplyDeletePatti
Sweet card and fun background!
ReplyDeleteThe soft pink dabbed on the vellum is gorgeous! What a beautiful card with great blending!
ReplyDeleteSuch a gorgeous card! The pink violet is indeed a breath of spring.
ReplyDeleteLainey, this is wonderful! So soft and pretty! Lovely card!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Anniversary card, Lainey. Very romantic feel :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome card - so soft and pretty but the stenciling adds an edge somehow!
ReplyDeleteSuper pretty! And playing with new stuff already!
ReplyDeleteWow! Love that violet!! The sponged ink is so soft and lovely!
ReplyDeleteSo pretty, love the stenciled background!
ReplyDeleteLove the stenciling on this! Very pretty!
ReplyDeleteLainey! This is gorgeous!!!!! I love the stenciling on the background. Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful! Your pink violet is stunning!
ReplyDeleteThe violet is gorgeous & I love the stenciled background!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful! The pink violet is stunning and I'm loving the stenciled background!
ReplyDeleteOkay Lainey, let me get this straight. Did you pink emboss (which I LOVE) the violet onto white card or vellum? Because I'm thinking it's card and the (perfect) ink blending gives it that amazing softness. Am I right? Just gorgeous! Perfect stamp choice, perfect design.
ReplyDeleteDiana, I used blush embossing powder on the violet on white cardstock. I rubbed Sweet Blush and Berry Sorbet inks onto the flower. No vellum at all!
DeleteSo pretty!
ReplyDeleteYour stenciled background looks terrific with your beautiful pink violet and leaves, Lainey. Perfect anniversary card!
ReplyDeleteOH MY, Lainey, this is simply beautiful.
ReplyDelete