Lexi is the host for this week's MIM #240: Watercolor Resist, using rubber cement to create a watercolor resist effect. I didn't have any rubber cement so ran to the store yesterday to purchase it.
I drizzled the rubber cement on a piece of watercolor paper and let it dry. I wet the paper with water and brushed Spiced Marmalade ink over the panel, seeing the watercolor resist happen right before my eyes! I was surprised the ink turned out to look more yellow than orange, but that was okay. But now, what to do with this panel???
I'm trying to use some of my older stamps and dies that have been neglected and pulled out my Beautiful Beads die. I die-cut the panel and placed the strips diagonally across a piece of white cardstock, leaving a space in the middle for the sentiment.
Thanks is die-cut once in gold foil paper and twice in white cardstock, stacked and glued together for dimension. Once I had the card completed, I was happy with the way it looked. However, the embellisher in me wanted to add something else. I tried a butterfly and thought - you know, it looks good just the way it is. Walk away....walk away....walk away! lol
Card Details:
- Paper: PTI White Stampers Select; Tim Holtz Watercolor; Gold Foil
- Ink: Tim Holtz Spiced Marmalade Distress
- Dies: PTI Wet Paint, Beautiful Beads
- Other: Rubber Cement
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


Oh, this is so fun! Fabulous take on the challenge!
ReplyDeletegreat card! i love how you used the beautiful beads die - very clever!! thanks for playing make it monday!
ReplyDeleteGreat card Lainey! Love the color and how you used the Beautiful Beads die...what an awesome look! And congrats on walking away...I always want to add something extra too!! :0)
ReplyDeleteFun take on the technique! Love the mixed panels and resist!
ReplyDeleteOooo very neat how you used your pretty panel!
ReplyDeleteGreat card!! I love the way you used your watercolor resist paper. You made it so fresh by leaving other features off! I love how it turned out.
ReplyDeletePatti
Lainey, what a darling card.
ReplyDeleteFabulous take on the challenge.
I love it!
OMG, Lainey, you blew this technique out of the park!!! So fabulous and original. I think I may need to go out and buy myself some rubber cement ;-)
ReplyDelete