Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Get Well Soon...

This card follows the technique from last week's Make It Monday #245: Color Isolation - using a bit of color on a neutral background. (I was originally going to post this card for the challenge but saw someone else already used this stamp set.) I'm going to be using "color isolation" a lot in the future since it's easy and really makes a striking card!

On white cardstock I randomly stamped the teacups in grey ink. The teacup is die-cut in white cardstock and stamped with Raspberry Fizz ink. I stacked 4 teacups together to give the card  dimension. 

The sentiment is stamped in black ink and the panel adhered to a Raspberry Fizz cardstock card base. Just a clean and simple card, but the pop of color really brings a bit of life to the card.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Tea For Two, Tea For Two Additions
  • Paper:  PTI Raspberry Fizz, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  PTI Raspberry Fizz; Amuse Seattle; Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Dies:  PTI Tea For Two
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I really like this card too! I can see why you say you'll be using this technique more. I couldn't agree with you more, it IS striking! That coordinated stamping in a light ink colour really brings everything together nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!